We are aware of several course provider (AHA, ARC, NOLS, etc) cancellations of in-person first aid and CPR courses due to COVID-19. For Summer 2020 only we will be accepting 100% online First Aid & CPR certs.
As we receive details or find 100% online courses, we will list them here. Do you know of an online course or want to know if it is approved? Email Mindy@avid4.com.
ONLINE COURSES - VALID FOR SUMMER 2020 ONLY
- Basic First Aid & CPR Course Provider(s):
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA) Course Provider(s):
- WFA/WFR/WEMT Recertification Course Provider(s):
PROVIDERS THAT ARE EXTENDING EXPIRATION DATES OF CURRENT CERTIFICATIONS:
- NOLS - If your WFA, WFR, WEMT certification through NOLS has an expiration date between 3/13/2019 and 9/12/2020, they are adding 9 months to your certification length. Read more here.
- SOLO Wilderness Emergency Medicine - For students that have existing SOLO certifications that are about to expire in April/May, they are offering a blanket extension on your certification until November 1, 2020. If you require a letter stating this extension, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The American Heart Association (AHA) - the AHA recently released interim guidance recommending that employers and regulatory bodies consider extending CPR and First Aid card expiration dates by an additional 60 days. So, if you have an AHA certificate that was set to expire on 4/30/2020, it is now expiring on 6/30/2020.