COVID-19 has affected everyone in the Avid community in one way or another and we want to do our part to help our incredible staff! We have created the Avid Emergency Employee Fund to assist those in need of basic needs (food, shelter, medical treatment). Please continue reading to learn more about the fund and how to apply.
- Who is eligible? All 600+ staff (seasonal and year-round) that are scheduled to work for Avid in 2020 are eligible to apply. Applications and results will be kept confidential.
- What type of assistance are you offering? Award amounts will vary for each person depending on their individual situation. The assistance is designed to provide help with shelter, food and/or medical treatment.
- How do I apply? Fill out this quick application. The review committee reviews applications on a rolling basis and will distribute awards every Wednesday.
- Can I apply more than once? Yes. Employees are eligible for up to a maximum of $500/year.
- Do I have to pay taxes on the award amount? No. This is considered a charitable contribution, so the funds will not be taxed.
- How will I receive the money? Awards under $250 will be distributed via check directly to you. Awards over $250 will be made payable directly to the landlord/vendor to which the money is owed.
If you have any additional questions regarding this program, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.