Are you flying in from out of state to Expedition Camp? See details regarding Airport pick-up, desired flight times, shuttle cost, unaccompanied minor forms, and more.
For campers who are flying into Colorado, California, Oregon or Washington, Avid4 Adventure will provide a shuttle service to and from the Airport with registration for the airport shuttle in Active, prior communication, and acceptance from the Overnight Camp Leadership.
We will ask all families to follow the travel guidelines in place for safe air travel to protect themselves, fellow passengers, and as a result, the expedition camp community here at Avid4. As we get closer to the summer and more is known about the traveling policy, we will be in communication with all families if there are any further requirements needed to attend camp. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Here are the basics about flying to camp!
- Choose the One-Way or Round Trip Airport Shuttle during Registration through Active.
- The fee for this shuttle service is $40 one-way and $80 round trip.
- All participants under 12 years old must travel with an Unaccompanied Minor Form, purchased at the time flight reservations are made; this is provided through the airline and must be prepaid.
- Please book this early! So that we can organize our staff, we will restrict signing up for the airport shuttle within 5 days of your session start. If you are within that window, please call us and we will do our best to work with you.
Airports and Flight Times for Booking
We understand that flying is expensive and arrival/departure times can vary and change the cost of the ticket, however, we ask that you schedule your arrival/departure times within the pre-designated time frames we offer so we can best plan for the camp experience.
- Colorado Expeditions Campers should fly into Denver International Airport (DEN)
- California Expeditions Campers should fly into Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Oregon Expeditions Campers should fly into Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Washington Expeditions Campers should fly into Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
There will be an additional $50 charge when a camper arrives outside of the “standard” time because we will have to hire an additional staff member to arrange for pick-up.
Please schedule for arrival to DIA between 9:00 am and 10:00 am MST.
Please schedule their departure from DIA between 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm MST.
Share Your Flight Information
After you have registered for the Airport Shuttle and booked your flight, we ask you please share your flight information with the camp through your kiddo's CampDoc Profile.* Here is the information we will need.
- Name of camper
- Flight number
- Flight Arrival and/or Departure Date and Time
- Cell phone number of camper
- Confirmation number
*After you complete the camp registration in Active, you will receive an invitation from CampDoc to complete the profile for your camper. If you choose one of the Airport Shuttle options you will be required to fill out flight infomration for your camper.
International campers must contact us to make special arrangements. All campers will receive further information prior to their camp session.
Unaccompanied Minors will be met at the gate and traditional campers flying to camp will be met at the baggage claim by Avid4 Adventure camp personnel wearing a staff uniform and holding a sign with your camper’s name on it. Campers will then be escorted to a marked Avid4 Adventure van for the 2-hour trip to camp.
Camp staff will inform the parents/guardians by telephone upon pick up and when their camper has arrived safely at camp.
Tickets, passports, money, cell phones, and Unaccompanied Minor forms will be collected from the camper and placed in the camp office for safekeeping until their departure.
Our staff will escort your child to the airline check-in counter and if your camper is 12 and under, they will join your child at their gate until they board their flight. For campers over 12, our staff will escort your child to the check-in counter and remain with them until they proceed through the main security area. Time spent in the airport will vary widely depending on flight changes and delays. Expect a long day!
It is highly recommended that campers pack a change of clothes in their carry-on/backpack along with any money, identification, tickets, medications, and paperwork. This is essential in the instance that their luggage arrives late. Please be sure to label clearly your camper’s luggage with his/her name.
Families should also provide campers with a list of phone numbers, including the Resident Camp Director and Camp Office so they can contact us just in case.